Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Holy Updates!!!

I avoided this blog the entire month of May. I really need to get better at this thing. There were multiple mornings that I thought "I need to update my blog today." And then nada - I avoided it like the plague.  It's not that I haven't been checking things off my list - its just the lack of motivation to start writing something.  But now, here I am and I'm actually writing! Let's see what I've been able to check off my list over the last month:

2. Keep my car clean for a whole month

Last Saturday (May 22th) I cleaned out my car.  Here's hoping I can keep it clean until June 22nd. It's been a week and so far, so good. I can do this!

11. Watch all the Star Wars movies.

I mentioned to my father-in-law last weekend that I had watching all the Star Wars movies on my list of things to do before I die - I have all the newer Star Wars movies checked off and luckily, he has a box set of the originals. He brought them over the other day (Old school VHS, hah!). So, that will help me to check that one off. I'm hoping to bust at least one of them off my list next weekend.

14. Go to DisneyWorld.

So excited about this one! Doug and I booked a trip to Disney for our 1 year wedding anniversary! We're driving down since Mr. Doug is afraid of flying. We're going to leave Boston wee early morning of September 4th - drive the 14 hours to South Carolina and crash with friends for the night. Then we'll have an additional 9 hours to drive on the 5th before we reach Disney. I'm super excited!!! And, other friends booked a trip as well. They'll over lap our trip for a couple of days, so we've made reservations together to have breakfast with the characters.

24. Write 3 more chapters of the book I started to write high school.

I haven't started this yet - but I've been itching to get writing again, so I'm determined to start working on it soon.  My newest guilty pleasure has been reading Twilight Fan Fictions (thanks, Michelle! :-P) and reading some of them just reminded me of how much I love writing and how I haven't done it in so long.  It's always been very theraputic to me.  I think tonight I'm going to pull out my portfolio from my college writing class to get my brain started.  I'm hoping to be able to block off at least 30 minutes a night to be able to write. 

Hopefully this will help me check off number 108, Free write daily for one week, too. 

47. Clean out and redecorate the office.

A couple weeks ago, Doug and I tackled some of the office.  It still has a lot of work that needs to be done to clean it out completely, but I started to sort through some of my wedding stuff and we assembled the bookcase we purchased, so that eliminated a lot of the clutter. The geek in me is so excited to see a 5 shelf bookcase filled with books.

68. Make plans with a new friend.

This may be a cop out but I'm using RachMezz for this one! hah...my friend Rachael, AKA my sanity at work and her boyfriend, Pat, AKA Peanut Butter stopped by a cookout Doug and I had over the weekend. Would I call Rachael a new friend? No, not so much since we've been co-workers for over a year, but this was the first time we hung out outside of the TLB. So - it works - and, if I can't use RachMezz for the check mark, then I can certainly use Pat since I just met him at the cookout. So, HAH!

80.  Go Whale Watching.

I have been super antsy to check this one off my list! I researched and researched to find a place to go and most Whale Watching things were ridiculously over priced.  However, the fabulous Groupon had a 50% off promo going for Whale Watching in Gloucester, so I ordered 2 tickets. Now, Doug and I just need to find a weekend we can take advantage of it. I'm so excited!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jill!! ::wave::
    I want to go whale watching so bad, because I've loved orcas since Free Willy came out :)
    But it seems you can only watch orcas on the Pacific Coast, and I dont see me getting out there in the next 3 years... Congrats on the great deal though, and yay for watching Star Wars - you're half way there. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad Peanut Butter and I could help you check something off :)

    ReplyDelete